Telescopic Fly Fishing Rod: Bargain Fishing Review


I'm a sucker for a great deal, and when I came across this telescopic fly rod, I couldn't resist!
Amazon link: https://amzn.to/2RP7u8e

Took it out on trout streams, small ponds, and the LA River. Handled small trout and sunfish without any problems. 

Good: Cheap! Collapsible easily into my hiking backpack and my carry-on travel suitcase. I don't have to worry about beating up a pricey, expensive fly fishing rod.

Bad: Action is pretty poor. I can cast it out quite a ways, but it's nowhere as nice as my more expensive fly fishing rods for a nice smooth cast. You definitely have to work at it to get decent range. Of course, this doesn't matter as much in the tiny ponds and creeks I frequent. It's also quite ugly. 

All that in mind, I'm still using this rosewood flying fishing rod. Doesn't cast amazing, but it's sufficient to get the line out there and catch fish. Already snapped the rod tip off during some rough travel (my fault, not the rods), but it was easy to repair with a spair rod tip set I have.



Interested? You can buy this telescopic collapsible fly fishing rod here: http://bit.ly/2vnz0lF

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

comments
July 29, 2018 at 3:05 AM delete

Really informative post, thanks for sharing. The spinning reel has become one of the most used types of fishing reel today. While spincasting reels are still widely used by young fishermen and beginning anglers, the spinning reel is popular due to it's ability to cast great distances.best spinning reels


Reply
avatar

Be nice.