Something's Fishy

Despite my astounding lack of updates to this blog, I have been fishing. Unfortunately, the bass bite hasn't been the best for me as of late. Still, whenever that happens, I turn over to my friends the sunfish. Fishing at dusk with topwaters is my preferred method for angling for sunfish. While they don't inhale a lure with quite as much strength as a beasty largemouth bass, they are certainly plentiful and fun! Dry flys, homemade topwater jigs, Yo-Zuri lures and soft plastics have all been my go-to lures for these plate-shaped fish.
Check out the fantastic colors on this Fairmount Park sunfish I landed!
Here's a few more fun bluegill from the last few weeks.

While I haven't been doing too stellar on the bass, I did manage this hefty chunk from Fairmount Park in Riverside, California. I didn't get to weight it, but it was around 15'' long. Got him right near the bank on a senko, far side, and he put up a super fight before I landed him.

Here is one of my best bluegills of the year, landed at a private reservoir in East Highland. Got him on a dry fly, wow, what a fighter! Measurements were 10 inches long, certainly not the biggest but still a great fish compared to others I've caught there.

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

2 comments

comments
May 15, 2011 at 12:01 PM delete

Awesome!! I want to catch one of those again soon!

Reply
avatar

Be nice.