Riverside County Urban Creek Bass Fishing

Had a few hours to enjoy last Sunday. Not worth spending the $$$ to fish for such a short period of time at Diamond Valley Lake in Hemet. No way was I going to fight the skunk at city park lakes like Fairmount or Seccombe. Didn't care to try and catch deep water (50+ feet?) largemouth and sunfish from the shore at Lake Perris. Wasn't interested in chasing stocker trout or wild 'bows in the San Bernardino Mountains. Still, I needed a fishing fix, close by and with a fun bite. Solution?

Urban creek fishing time!


The action wasn't fast and furious, but I caught 4 fish of two different species (largemouth bass and green sunfish) on small jigs in a little over an hour. Hey, it's January, and I'm catching warmwater fish, I can't complain. This last one (also in the video above), put up a nice fight on 2lb test monofilament. This particular urban creek also had a lot of used fishing lure wrappers on the ground, a new find compared to the regular dirty plastic bags, pop bottles and housing debris floating past. Pack it out!

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

comments
January 10, 2012 at 4:12 AM delete

I like your videos! Neat you were able to catch at least some fish.

Reply
avatar
January 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM delete

How do you find your spots Google earth? or people let you know? If its Google earth you are good I look for spots like these and haven't found one. Keep up the good blog and reports I enjoy it.

Reply
avatar
January 25, 2012 at 10:19 AM delete

BassmasterBob,
Thanks for the kind words. I find most of my sites through Google Earth. Try tracing the routes of creeks that trickle down from the mountains and into feeder streams/drain channels in urban areas.

Reply
avatar
July 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM delete

Ah me n my brothers fished fairmount growing up,how it has changed.every now n then we stiil catch bass wen we visit,funny how newbies never seem to catch anything in this stressfull park,no offense.

Reply
avatar
July 28, 2013 at 10:54 AM delete

Do you mind telling me where this urban Creek is. I love bad fishing and trying new spots.

Reply
avatar

Be nice.