New SoCal Urban Creek Green Sunfish



Thanks to a sweet tip from a fellow angler, I found a new urban creek to explore. It's actually more of a canal, but hold water year round and is absolutely loaded with chunky green sunfish, up to 12 inches. I lost track of how many scrappy greenies I landed in a short afternoon fishing session at this Inland Empire creek.


 Since then, I've returned several times, always landing loads of these sunfish. I've also spotted a couple of turtles, many mosquito fish, and a couple small largemouth, along with the obligatory pile of litter and trash. Urban creek fishing at its finest hmm?


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

4 comments

comments
July 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM delete

Some beautiful catches! Glad you found a new spot.

Reply
avatar
July 31, 2012 at 11:43 AM delete

You think you can give me some tips on where the creek is? I lice in the 92505 area and I think its a very local creek and if like to check it out, any heads up would be nice! thanks.

Reply
avatar
July 31, 2012 at 11:44 AM delete

live* id*
your blogs very interesting btw

Reply
avatar
July 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM delete

What is the address to this creek, someone please tell me

Reply
avatar

Be nice.