Fairmount Park in Riverside Largemouth Bass


Fairmount Park in Riverside offers loads of water, lots of cover and absurdly well-educated largemouth bass. They'll just laugh at your pathetic attempts to catch them, no matter how realistic your lure is. Such was the case for me at this city park in California. My first trip to Fairmount landed me one largemouth (last year), but I haven't been able to catch one since, until tonight.

Oh, I do love a good topwater explosion. Best part of bass fishing, IMHO.

Thanks, Fairmount.
Posted by Picasa

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

6 comments

comments
September 13, 2010 at 6:33 AM delete

Fantastic report! Love it when the ultra educated bass slip up and grab a topwater crasnkbait. Nicely done. If you get bored feel free to check out my Colorado fishing blog.

Reply
avatar
September 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM delete

I've never been to Fairmount yet,worth the drive for me?

Reply
avatar
September 13, 2010 at 3:38 PM delete

Don't waste the gas. It has a decent amount of fish, but they get too much pressure (this is my second bass outta this park in 1 year of fishing it lol). Puddingstone and Peck Road Park are closer to your area, probably better chance to catch a fish at those spots.

Reply
avatar
September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM delete

haha, Peck is too ghetto for me to go at it alone...

Reply
avatar
September 13, 2010 at 9:58 PM delete

I've heard Peck is a wilderness skid row, lots of ghetto stuff going on there.
Still, I'd love to try it sometime. Meet up, catch some fat bass, and watch out for the crazies? Totally down for that.

Reply
avatar
September 14, 2010 at 11:03 AM delete

I'm down for that! It's barely like 20 minutes away from my place.

Reply
avatar

Be nice.