Klineline Northern Pikeminnow

Another fishing trip, another catch. I don't know if it is the cooler mornings or the earlier sunset, but the bass fishing at this pond at Salmon Creek Park in Vancouver, Washington, hasn't been the best lately. However, the big northern pikeminnow (previously called "squawfish" until such nomenclature was deemed insensitive) still come out to play, smashing the Senko clones with abandon. This guy was 16 inches, on one of my last casts of the day. I set the hook, battled him for a bit, then the line went totally limp. Sighing, I reeled in the slack-only to discover he was still on the line, he had just been swimming right towards me! This was on last Thursday, haven't been back to the pond since.
I went out fishing again on Saturday, with a friend, to a spot near Vancouver Lake. We both had watercraft-his was a kayak, mine the Sevylor Fish Hunter. I managed a grand total of one lost Yum Dinger and zero fish landed; he got two largemouth bass. Good times!

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

comments

Be nice.